By Rotary Service & Engagement Staff
As 2021 comes to a close, let’s revisit the most popular Rotary Service in Action posts from this year:
5. In September, Kim Dixon, President of Partnering for Peace, announced Rotary-Peace Corps Week 20-26 September. Hosted with the support of Rotary International and the U.S. Peace Corps, this event celebrated ongoing partnership between the two organizations and encouraged Rotary members around the world to take part.
4. In July, we encouraged you to Learn about initiatives for the 2021-22 Rotary year. We highlighted Rotary International President Shekhar Mehta’s four initiatives including, Each One, Bring One, Empowering Girls, Presidential conferences, and Rotary Days of Service.
3. On International Women’s Day in March, Victoria Ifould from ShelterBox explained how ShelterBox and Rotary stand with Women after disaster, bringing together our networks and resources to help women in Vanuatu and Cameroon.
2. In January, we explored Vocational Service: a pillar of Service Above Self and how you can put vocational service in action.
1. In February, Quentin Wodon, Chair of Rotary Action Group for Refugees, Forced Displacement, and Migration, told us about the origins of the Newly recognized Rotary Action Group for Refugees and what their action group aims to accomplish.
Thank you for sharing your stories of service with us! During a year when many were still spending time apart, you remind us that we are all connected in the family of Rotary. We are so grateful for the ways that you inspire us through your work and look forward to seeing how you will Serve to Change Lives in 2022.