By Christina Sweeney, Rotary Service & Engagement staff
If you’re joining us at the 2022 Rotary International Convention from 4-8 June in Houston, Texas, United States, get ready to hear inspirational speeches from keynote speakers, participate in a variety of service-related breakout sessions, and make new friends in the House of Friendship. Read about a selection of activities that can help you build community, take action, and create lasting change.
Explore the House of Friendship
The House of Friendship offers an exciting variety of activities and live entertainment. With booths for club and district-led projects, 29 Rotary Fellowships, 20 Rotary Action Groups, Rotary Project Fairs, and Rotary’s service and project partners, there’s so much for you to discover.
Participate in events
- RAGTime: On Thursday, 2 June from 18:00-21:00 at the Houston Downtown Aquarium, attend a social gathering hosted by all Rotary Action Groups to network with leaders, share project experiences, and explore opportunities for service and engagement. Advance registration required.
- Rotary Action Group for Peace Meet and Mingle events: On Saturday, 4 June at 16:30 and Tuesday, 7 June at 17:30 at The Grove, network with members of the Rotary Action Group for Peace during their meet and mingle events.
- Yoga and Meditation: On Sunday, 5 June from 08:00 – 09:30 in Room 381B, join the Global Yoga and Meditation Fellowship for group yoga and meditation.
- Peace Corps/Partnering for Peace Meeting and Happy Hour: On Monday, 6 June from 15:00-17:00 at the Marriott Marquis in Room Fort Bend, learn about Rotary’s partnership with the Peace Corps and opportunities to get involved. Then, join the happy hour from 17:00-18:00 in the Rodeo Goat Restaurant on the Upper Deck.
Join breakout sessions
Half of the nearly 80 breakout sessions focus on service and projects. Read a preview for a few of them below.
- Tap Into the Network to Increase Project Impact: Monday, 6 June, 14:00-15:00, Room 320. Hear how to strengthen project design and implementation with the TRF Cadre and Rotary Action Groups.
- From Rotary Friendship Exchange to Global Grant: Monday, 6 June, 14:00-15:00, Room 342. Join this session to learn how Rotary Friendship Exchange can help you find a global grant partner.
- Increasing Impact: Habitat, Rotary, and ShelterBox: Tuesday, 7 June, 15:00-16:00, Room 320. Hear about a collaboration in disaster preparedness and post-disaster assistance which can lead to a more effective response and more sustainable impact.
- Enhance Your Club’s Impact and Reach Through Rotary Community Corps: Wednesday, 8 June, 10:00-11:00, Room 370. Join this session to learn how you can introduce new members to Rotary through RCC.
These are just some of the activities to help you get started. Review the full Convention Program to learn more. Before you arrive in Houston, download the Rotary Events app for the most up-to-date convention information. You can create a personalized schedule, download session resources, view interactive maps to help you navigate the convention, and receive alerts about program changes. The app is available in English in the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Find more information on page 43 (of the Convention Program booklet).
See you in Houston!