By Rotary Service & Engagement Staff
The Rotary Foundation enables Rotary members to carry out projects that make a difference locally and around the world. It makes projects, funded with Foundation grants, possible which brings sustainable improvement to communities in need. During Rotary year 2020-21, a year that communities needed our help more than ever, the Foundation approved 2,066 global grants — that’s 52% more than in the previous Rotary year. During Rotary Foundation month, tap into the programs that can support your work with the Foundation.
If you are looking for advice on creating a strong project plan or global grant application:
- Contact your district international service chair. They can connect you with local experts to help you plan sustainable, successful projects and grants. Find experts in project planning, Rotary’s areas of focus, and Rotary grants in the district resource network.
- Reach out to a Rotary Action Group. Since members of these groups have specialized technical expertise, they can give guidance on planning and implementing projects around a particular area of focus.
If you are looking for project partners:
- Collaborate with one of Rotary’s service and project partners. They can strengthen your service projects by ensuring sustainability, providing access to subject-matter experts, and strengthening local networks.
- Work with a Rotary Action Group who can connect with potential partners, both within and outside of Rotary.
- Sponsor a Rotary Community Corps to engage local residents and businesses and build broad support for your project both now and for the future.
- Attend a project fair to find a project to support and build the foundation for a lasting, international partnership.
If you are looking for resources for your project:
- Contact a Rotary Action Group related to your project’s area of focus to see if they can offer help fundraising and obtaining resources.
Rotary members care about making sustainable, lasting improvements to the world we live in. One way to increase that impact is with support from The Rotary Foundation. Whether it’s ending polio globally, collaborating on a project internationally, or supporting their community locally, Rotary members are making a difference every day.
See how Rotary members make an impact