By Rotary Service & Engagement Staff
To wrap up June’s Fellowships month we celebrate and recognize our more than 90 Fellowships creating a community within Rotary. Our list of Fellowships continues to grow, read on to learn about our newest groups!
During the last year, the Internet, LGBT+, and Metalheads Fellowships coordinated service projects and new initiatives:
Rotarians on the Internet Fellowship:
- Funds were donated to provide internet connection services at My Sister’s Place (MSP). MSP is a safe, welcoming, and inclusive center for women who have experienced violence, trauma, or have suffered mental or physical health challenges.
- Computers were donated to The Gathering Place, which is a community hub in London that provides opportunities for those with intellectual disabilities.
Rotary LGBT+ Fellowship:
- Several virtual happy hours were coordinated in Portuguese to connect LGBT+ people and allies within the Rotary family. These happy hours were started to have conversations, educate, and build safe spaces with LGBT+ communities around the world and to engage Rotary and Rotaract Clubs.
- The Rotary LGBT+ Fellowship promoted a service project leading up to the 2021 Rotary International Virtual Convention. They coordinated with Rotary and Rotaract clubs to sponsor food drives to support either a local LGBT Food Pantry with funds, non-perishable food items, or both.
- Read more about Rotary’s LGBT+ community in the June 2021 issue of Rotary magazine.
Rotarian Metalhead Fellowship:
- Rotarians in the United Kingdom launched a mental health campaign that features the Metal band Burning Witches. The campaign encourages open communication and speaking about your mental health.
- The Rotarian Metalhead Fellowship was interviewed by a German Rotaract podcast, which you can listen to here.
Rotary International is excited to announce that six new Rotary Fellowships were recognized in just the last three months. These new groups are open to any interested individual. Click on their links below to learn more, join, or contact these new groups. You can also visit the Rotary Fellowship website to find a full list of all active Rotary fellowships.
Argentine Culture Agrupación Rotary Cultura Argentina – Brings together interested persons to promote Argentine culture. The fellowship strives to unite those that have an affinity for the Argentine culture and its history through literary, artistic and sociocultural productions, promoting its dissemination and preservation.
Comedy & Laughters’ Rotary Fellowship – Provides a platform for members to network, collaborate and raise funds through engagement of comedy, laughter and fun towards support of service projects and above all the opportunity to enhance health and wellbeing through the participation in the fellowship.
Empowering Women – The fellowship will empower, elevate, motivate, and engage women into leadership roles and mentors girls and boys in leadership, business and career roles. (Website coming soon.)
The Rotary Fellowship for Global Development – Fosters and encourages learning and networking about global development. Membership in the fellowship is open to any interested individual. (Website to be launched soon.)
Rotary Fellowship of Leadership Education And Development – Enhances the leadership capacity of Rotarians, Rotaractors, Peace Fellows, and friends of Rotary by providing leadership education and leadership development opportunities, and by connecting like-minded leaders through both in-person and virtual leadership events.
Rotary Fellowship of Palmwine – Uses Palm wine to promote Africa’s rich cultural heritage and in effect boost African tourism. It strives to globalize the palm wine culture and propagate the rich economic values of the palm tree.
Learn about Rotary’s Fellowship groups on Rotary.org.