By Rotary Service and Engagement Staff
As we approach the end of 2020, we’re taking a look back. Here are this year’s top five posts (based on number of views) from Rotary Service in Action:
5. In May, Juliana Corredor González, member of the Rotary E-Club of Latin America, shared how her club pivoted to support young leaders through a virtual RYLA during this unprecedented year of changes.
4. In March, we highlighted different grant options to address COVID-19 Rotary clubs can use to find ways to help care and protect people in their own communities and others around the world.
3. In June, we celebrated Rotary Fellowships month. Lisa Cook, RI staff who supports Rotary Fellowships, shared four reasons to join or start a Rotary Fellowship and build community through shared professions, hobbies, and identities.
2. In April, Ron Denham, Chair Emeritus of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Rotary Action Group, emphasized the important role of water in the fight against COVID-19 and encouraged Rotary clubs to collaborate with health facility administrators and local officials to increase access to soap, water and sanitation to reduce the spread of the virus.
1. In May, Flordeliza Castro Ampatuan, District 3820 Community Service Chair and Assistant Regional Public Image Coordinator for Zone 10B, Philippines, shared how Rotary clubs addressed the shortfall of personal protective equipment (PPE) in the Philippine’s for frontline workers during the COVID-19 crisis.
During this unprecedented year, we are so grateful for our resilient global Rotary family. Your commitment to service and to Rotary inspires us to do better and to do more. As we bid farewell to 2020 and look to a brighter 2021, we wish you and your loved ones a healthy year ahead.
Tell us how serving through Rotary has affected your life on the Rotary Service in Action blog. Send us your service stories to help others plan effective and inspired projects. See our contributor guidelines.