This is the third in a series of blog posts highlighting member engagement opportunities in celebration of Rotary Membership and Club Development Month throughout August.
By Rotary Service and Engagement
Working with partners can strengthen club and district service projects by ensuring sustainability, providing access to subject-matter experts, and strengthening local networks. Partnering with local, national, and international organizations can help meet the many needs of communities around the world.
Rotary’s service and project partners support Rotarian-led initiatives within the avenues of service and areas of focus. All activities take place at the local level at the discretion of individual clubs and districts. Consider partnering with one of Rotary’s service partners to create a greater impact in your community:
- Ashoka fellows can work with Rotary members on innovative projects to foster meaningful and sustainable improvement in Egypt, Mexico, Nigeria, Netherlands, Philippines, Romania, and Spain. Fellows can connect you with a network of local business and community leaders. Learn more.
- Habitat for Humanity International works with clubs and districts to provide long-term safe, secure housing for families in need of better housing options. Rotarians and Rotaractors also work with Habitat to provide communities with access to clean drinking water and start or expand income-generating ventures that empower independence and provide financial stability. Learn more and contact Habitat to get involved.
- Mediators Beyond Borders International (MBBI) works with clubs, districts, and Rotary alumni to improve a communities’ capacity to heal from conflict, reconcile differences, and prevent the escalation of future issues to build more a more stable future. MBBI trains Rotarians and Rotaractors to be peace facilitators, engaging Rotary alumni to be synergists and project leaders, assisting clubs with community assessments and conflict prevention/resolution projects, and connecting the Rotary network with peacebuilding resources. Learn more and contact MBBI to get involved.
- Peace Corps provides opportunities for Rotary and Rotaract clubs to work alongside U.S. volunteers training in the humanitarian development sector to empower communities and connect them to resources for a brighter future. By working on water and sanitation, economic and community development, or basic education and literacy projects, Rotarians, Rotaractors, and Peace Corps Volunteers together lay the foundation for peace, stability, and prosperity. Learn more and contact Peace Corps to get involved.
- ShelterBox works with the Rotary family to provide emergency temporary shelter and relief materials to communities impacted by disasters. Reliable and safe temporary housing options expedite and longer-term recovery of communities impacted by disasters. Learn more and contact ShelterBox to get involved
Throughout August, we encourage you to engage with Rotary to enhance your membership experience. Follow this blog and look out for more posts on activities and programs available to the Rotary family.