By Bala Murthy, member of the Rotary Club of Washington (DC), USA
In October, I had the opportunity to conduct a meditation session for the Rotary International Board of Directors at One Rotary Center in Evanston. I had lots of fun sharing and demonstrating mind-calming techniques and laughing yoga.
The Global Yoga and Meditation Fellowship (GYMF) aims to:
- Work with schools to teach yoga and meditation basics to enhance mindfulness and wellness
- Create communal harmony and promote peace
- Create a community of yoga and meditation practitioners in each club including Rotarians, their families, Rotaractors, and Interactors
- Connect Rotary members to share best practices in mindfulness and wellness
- Train interested Rotary members in yoga and meditation
Our group is available to conduct yoga and meditation sessions at no charge during zone meetings, district conferences, district PETs, and other district or club events. Contact us to learn more!
Check out some highlights of our fellowship activities at the Rotary International Convention in Toronto and be sure to stop by the House of Friendship in Hamburg to meet us!
Complete our membership form to join our group today!