By Rotary Service and Engagement
Rotary members are passionate about providing sustainable solutions to poverty. In honor of Economic and Community Development Month in October, Rotary encouraged you to take action within your communities to address community needs and challenges. As you continue to work towards empowering your community, consider collaborating with Rotarian Action Groups to help plan better projects.
Rotarian Action Groups help Rotary clubs and districts plan and carry out humanitarian service projects, small and large. Below are action groups that focus on economic and community development:
- Rotarian Action Group for Microfinance and Community Development (RAGM) works to alleviate poverty through sustainable microfinance and community development.
- Environmental Sustainability Rotarian Action Group (ESRAG) helps clubs and districts plan, implement, and evaluate projects related to the environmental sustainability, mitigation of climate disruption and awareness about climate change.
- Food Plant Solutions helps people, particularly in developing countries, learn about and grow the local foods that best fill their nutritional needs as a way to mitigate hunger.
- Rotarian Action Group Against Slavery (RAGAS) raises awareness of slavery and supports programs, campaigns, and projects to end it.
- Disaster Network of Assistance Rotarian Action Group (DNA-RAG) focuses on disaster preparedness, communication, and recovery worldwide.
- Rotarian Action Group for Endangered Species (RAGES) brings attention to endangered species and supports action to preserve and protect them.
Contact the group that aligns with your clubs’ interests to learn from experts and gain insights that can take your projects to the next level.