As we head into the new year, we’re taking a look at back at 2016. Here are your five favorite stories from this past year (based on views):
- Rotary offers many programs that allow you to engage with fellow members and make new connections outside your club and district. Learn how to make the most of your Rotary membership.
- The Rotary Club of New York hosts monthly breakfast meetings at the United Nations with UN officials and representatives of its member states. Each meeting is broadcast live for Rotary members around the world.
- During September, Rotary Literacy Month, we encouraged members to take action to support basic education and literacy projects.
- July’s ethical dilemma encouraged a discussion regarding funding and sponsorships.
- When disaster strikes, Rotary’s project partner ShelterBox often works closely with Rotarians to evaluate local needs and devise a plan for immediate response. Members of the Rotary family assist response teams with disaster assessments, serve as housing response team volunteers, help coordinate relief logistics, and sponsor aid.
Tell your Rotary story: add completed projects to Rotary Showcase, share on Facebook and Twitter, and submit a blog post.
2 thoughts on “Your favorite stories from 2016”
Reblogged this on shanakyar.