By Azka Asif, Rotary Service Connections Staff
August is Membership Month, a time to celebrate your club, your members, and the good you do in your community and around the world. Many Rotarians join Rotary to give back locally and globally. Rotary allows members to make a difference while building friendships and fostering international understanding.
We offer many programs that allow you to engage with fellow members and make new connections outside your club and district. Here are just a few ways you can get more involved:
Rotary Friendship Exchange
Through the Rotary Friendship Exchange program, you can discover new cultures and make new friends from all over the world. Read the exchange stories below to learn more about the program and contact your district’s Friendship Exchange Chair to get involved:
- Service and Rotary Friendship Exchanges: growing from meaningful experiences
- Fostering peace through Rotary Friendship Exchange
- Rotary Friendship Exchange lays foundation for international service partnerships
By joining a Rotary Fellowship, you can share your passions and hobbies with fellow Rotarians. Get a glimpse of just some of the activities undertaken by fellowships:
- Providing service through the Fellowship of Rotarian Marathon Runners (IMFR)
- Fostering international understanding through the Italian Culture Worldwide Rotarian Fellowship
- Doctors’ Fellowship aims to empower albino community in Tanzania
Rotarian Action Groups
Collaborate with subject matter experts from a Rotarian Action Group or lend expertise to empower Rotary members to make their service projects more impactful. Read about the activities and projects action groups have undertaken:
- The Rotarian Action Group for Population and Development (RFPD) works to safe mothers and children in Nigeria and Pakistan
- Rotarian Action Group for Mental Health Initiatives addresses mental health
- Rotary Action Group for Microfinance and Community Development (RAGM) taking action to empower communities
Rotary Community Corps
By sponsoring a Rotary Community Corps (RCC) you can enhance community engagement and ensure project sustainability by positioning local leaders to pioneer change. Read how RCCs are making a difference:
- Making an impact through a RCC in the Philippines
- Empowering disabled teens and adults through RCCs
- Creating stronger community ties in Cartagena, Colombia through RCCs
Avenues of Service
The Avenues of Service are part of the guiding principles of Rotary and the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. Club service promotes fellowship between members and creates a stronger relationship with the local community. Learn how a Ugandan club brought hope to local communities through health projects.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities. Read how the Rotary Club of Bozeman Sunrise (USA) brought together their entire community.
- International Service exemplifies your global reach in promoting peace and understanding. Sponsor or volunteer on international projects, or attend a project fair to make a global impact.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn how you can bring vocational service to life through club projects.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals. Read how Rotaract clubs are building stronger communities through sustainable service projects.
How is your club and district celebrating membership month? Leave a comment below on what programs and activities keep your members engaged and excited to be a part of Rotary!
3 thoughts on “How to make the most of your Rotary membership?”
Reblogged this on shanakyar.