If you’re joining us at the 2016 Rotary International Convention, 28 May-1 June, plan to participate in a variety of service-related breakout sessions. You’ll have a chance to learn from program experts, explore service opportunities, build new friendships, and connect with prospective project partners. Sessions will be held in the afternoons, 30 May-1 June.
Service-oriented breakout sessions:
- Speed Project Fair— This is an opportunity to learn how you can help the Rotary family address local community needs through international partnerships, and for your club or district to find an international project to support. You’ll meet project coordinators, explore partnership, and perhaps be inspired to host or attend a project fair in your region.
- Rotary Community Corps: Community Solutions for Community Challenges— A Rotary Community Corps (RCC) is a group of non-Rotarians who share our commitment to service and who carry out projects in their communities as well as support local Rotary club projects. There are nearly 8,700 RCCs in 90 countries. You will learn about their role in community development, how to establish an RCC, and how to partner with RCCs on projects.
- Vocational Service in a Wi-Fi World— How can you bring vocational service to life in clubs with young members? We’ll discuss mentoring programs, networking, and business exchanges, and explore possible language changes in our vocational and classification areas. You’ll also learn how to use My Rotary to network on social media with Rotarians of similar interests around the world.
- Partnerships: Rotary’s Opportunity to Enhance and Diversify Resources and Impact— Partnering with other organizations, from community groups to government agencies, strengthens projects and increases our ability to serve. Learn about Rotary’s four categories of partners — strategic, resource (corporate and foundation funding), service, and project — as well as important updates for each type.
Rotarian Action Groups and Rotary Fellowships at #Rotary16
Preconvention World Water Summit: Join the Water and Sanitation Rotarian Action Group at the eighth annual World Water Summit. This year’s theme is Sustainable Strategies, Sustainable Solutions.
- Rotarian Action Groups: Enhancing the Professionalism of Your Service Project — Learn how your club and district can enhance service projects through collaboration with Rotarian Action Groups — autonomous groups of Rotarians, family members, program participants, and alumni who are experts in a particular field.
- Fellowships — the Hidden Gem of Rotary — Find out how you can connect with new friends from around the world through Rotary Fellowships — independent groups of Rotarians, family members, program participants, and alumni who share a common passion.
Make connections in the House of Friendship
Visit the House of Friendship to network with fellow Rotarians and Rotaractors and to learn about Rotary Fellowships, Rotarian Action Groups, Rotary’s partners, and much more. Download the Rotary Fellowships and Rotarian Action Group Convention Events and Booth Exhibit Guide and prepare to connect with groups that share your interests and expertise.
Download the preliminary schedule for breakout sessions, and watch a recording of the convention orientation webinar for convention highlights, cultural tips, and resources. Download the Rotary Events app for up-to-date information on convention events.