By Jessie Dunbar-Bickmore, RI Programs staff
Every year, Interact clubs take action to make a difference in their communities through service projects. During the first week of November, World Interact Week, we’re celebrating their efforts and commitment to Service Above Self. Here are some ways Interact Clubs are making an impact and changing lives:
The Interact Club of Hugh Boyd (Canada) share their best days of service and how they
spread change through Interact.
The Interact Club of Marghita (Romania) worked with children with disabilities to make candles and greeting cards for the holiday season. They then sold those items and used the money to buy toys and clothes to distribute to children in need.
The Interact Club of Geethaanjali teamed up with 700 students and 150 teachers from their school and led a Clean the City campaign in an effort to raise awareness and create a cleaner India.
*These videos were submitted as part of the 2014-15 Interact Video Awards. Interact clubs can share their stories by recording a video for the 7th annual Interact Video Awards! Entries are due y by 1 December, 2015.
Other ways to get involved during World Interact Week:
- Empower young people in your community to take action, become leaders, and gain a global perspective by sponsoring an Interact club.
- Share how your club celebrates World Interact Week in partnership with your sponsored Interact clubs on our Interact Facebook page or in the comment section below.
- Plan a joint service project with a sponsored Interact club and post it on Rotary Showcase so the world can see how you jointly create positive change.
- Recognize your sponsored Interact club’s hard work. Complete a certificate of recognition to highlight the positive impact your Interact clubs have made.
- Encourage your sponsored Interact Clubs to earn this year’s Presidential Citation!